Thursday, June 13, 2013

Healthy Everything Muffins

June has been rainy and cool so far.

Honestly I haven't minded. I could never be one of those people to complain about rain.
It's just wet. It's been cool enough to help out at my Mom's house in her garden.
This will be the last summer she has me since next summer I'll have my own garden to work on!
She's keeping me very busy at her house, but I enjoy it.

I dug out along her neighbors fence and put in a bed for vegetables.
She bought some heirloom tomatoes, and I can't wait to taste them!

Then I dug out along her other neighbor's fence and replaced the root filled soil with fresh soil and some hosta.
It's looking pretty nice.

Finally I dug out three giant bushes along the back fence.
Eventually we'll put in a Japanese Maple.

I love to be busy, and I'm really trying to stay active since living with Pat, I've put on some love weight.
When I lived on my own, I cooked like it was just me.
Now, I cook for a man and eat like one too.
Ugh.

So! I made some healthy everything muffins.
Remember how we'll be moving soon?
Well, I went through the cupboard and freezer and dug out some odds and ends and made muffins!
Also, there is no added sugar or oil, so they're actually pretty healthy.
They make a great breakfast or late day snack.



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Keep in mind these are anything muffins, so you can add what you want, but use the same basic ratio.
In a bowl combine about 3 cups of wet things and 2 cups of dry!

What I did:
(Wet)
2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
2 Medium Overripe bananas
2 eggs, beaten

(Dry)
2 cups flour (or almond meal leftover from almond milk!)
1 tsp salt
1.5 tsp baking soda

Mix all of this up, and then add your whathaveyous.

I added:
2 cups frozen blueberries
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup coconut 

Mix up and spoon into greased (or paper-lined) muffin tins or mini loaf pans. (I used both!)
Makes about 18 muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment